The moment you walk through the door at Cobble Hill Playschool, you know you’re somewhere special. A unique part of the local Brooklyn community for over 40 years, CHP is more than a preschool. It’s a home away from home for children and their families. It’s a nurturing, creative environment that encourages learning and discovery through play – where children learn to be curious, confident, creative, and above all, kind.
Play-Based Education and Co-operative Community
• Accepts students on a first-come, first-served basis–no interviews or screening visits
• Provides students with a play-based preschool curriculum
• Small teacher/child ratio
• Offers a mixed-age classroom so younger children can have role models and older children become mentors
• Celebrates parent participation in all aspects of our program
• Offers an early drop-off option for 3s and 4s
High Academic and Quality Standards
• Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
• Licensed by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene -- Bureau of Child Care
• Registered as a school with the New York State Board of Education
• Maintains strict allergen guidelines
Talented and Experienced Staff
• Employs teachers with advanced degrees in Early Childhood Education and development, including a full-time Behavioral Support teacher
• Promotes creative exploration with a full-time art teacher
• Offers a rich educational program that includes music, art, drama, and science
• Teaches American Sign Language
CHP does not discriminate on any grounds.
We are committed to incorporating diversity and multiculturalism into the curriculum to foster a warm and inclusive learning environment. We embrace the principles of anti-bias education and support diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, socio-economic class, family structure, religion, language, culture, ability, and learning style.
Our confidential family questionnaire encourages all parents to share any cultural family traditions or celebrations—because we believe there is so much to learn when we celebrate our differences.
Please click here for the full text of our Diversity Statement.